Miyerkules, Enero 29, 2014

Flare 2.1


I finally got to work on this review after getting acquainted with my Cherry Mobile Flare 2.1 since I got it two weeks ago. I gave in and replaced my cute Nokia phone.

 



Before I go on, I would like to tell you that I bought this for only P3, 999. All the great features I would say that it is too good to be true. How can Cherry Mobile sell this phone for that price when they can sell it for much higher considering that its specs can compete with and sometimes, be even better than more expensive models from other brands? I am just glad that I did not spend out more money for another phone that basically has the same features as this.


The box contains the unit, a charger with USB cord, standard headset, and a manual. These are the specs as printed on the back of the box:

  • 1.2 GHz Quad Core                                                   
  • 4” WVGA Capacitive Touch Panel
  • Expandable micro SD up to 32G
  • WiFi b/g/n Bluetooth 2.1
  • 5MP Back Camera w/ Flash VGA Front Camera
  • Android 4.1 Jellybean
  • ROM: 4GB/ RAM: 1GB
  • GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800 WCDMA 2100
  • 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack 
  • Standard micro USB 2.0
  • 1600 mAh
  
Now, for what I liked:

The Flare already comes covered with a screen protector, which I don't have to go to other gadget shops and pay separately for it. It is also thin and light, plus the size is perfect. Then thanks to its Quad Core processor, all apps are fast and zippy.

             
Of course, I also love that it runs on Android because it lets me enjoy more enhancements and more refined interface. Here is a screenshot of how I arranged my apps, using Dodol Launcher.

These are some of my widgets which I downloaded.
        

Since Flare 2.1 contains high capacity with comes to file storage, I can download a lot of applications without any hassle. Here is the list of my recent apps.


As you can see, I sorted my downloaded apps into different folders depending on their use, making the app deck more organized.


Oh, I forgot to mention, this phone is also Dual SIM and both can run (send and receive messages) at the same time without needing to switch between the two. This feature is perfect for those who have personal and business phones since it lessens the need to bring two gadgets all the time. I love it because I can use it as a WiFi hotspot anytime. You can also surf anytime without using WiFi, all you have to do is to open your data account and browse using your internet browser. You don’t need a data plan to use Free Zone as it is free to charge. As long as your phone is able to access the internet, you can use Free Zone.


Google Search is offering a free zone which you can browse the internet to find scores, recipes, and so much more. Just visit g.co/freezone on your mobile device, then log into your Google account to enjoy Google mobile services data charge free on to go.


Anyway, here is a screenshot of the messaging screen.

           
The front and back cameras are also pretty decent considering the price and its 5MP capability. Here are some sample images, please note that there was no editing or post-processing done unless stated otherwise.

Here is a sample photo taken with the back camera while my darling Dannela Shin was inside the house. 
 

There is FM Radio included. If yours didn't come with a free radio, you can go to any Cherry Mobile Service Center to get your phone updated. I did not include battery life anymore since the need to charge every few hours is encountered by everyone from the Smartphone - using population. The battery can survive for four days when phone on standby, but on busy days I charge it twice: in the morning and in the afternoon. 
           
All in all, the Cherry Mobile Flare 2.1 is a great phone that packs a lot of punch in such a thin, great, and inexpensive gadget. I would gladly recommend it to everyone.

1 komento:

  1. up to this date wala pa bang technical issues yung phone mo.? samen kasi ng girlfriend ko meron na eh.. last month lang kami bumili.. ty po.

    TumugonBurahin